1. Children love undivided attention from their parents/carers because they experience it rarely.
This pose is Double Down-dog and it takes two working together to make it happen!
2. A parent-child relationship where support is mutual is unique; children love feeling needed.
The Pose: Deep Folds
Adults are able to deepen their forward bend under the weight of their child and children are able to enjoy a supported backbend.
3. We all breathe. What a wonder it is to have time focused on just breathing with your child.
Try this: The next time your child asks to look at a screen - hold them instead.
Focus on the movement coming from their body as they breathe.
What does it take to match the rhythm of your breath to theirs?
4. Parents feel guilty about the quality of the relationship they have with their children – yoga helps to nurture this relationship.
The pose: The kissing twist Done with sincerity, it is nurturing for you both.
5. Playing is fun! Kids love being upside down, using their bodies to express themselves and how much more fun to do it with someone that loves them.
The pose: Hedgehog The acro-yoga work in our Big Dog Little Dog classes is a favourite.
6. People have a desire to be healthy. Yoga promotes health.
The pose: Angel
Cultivates core strength in the base (adult) and gives the flyer (child) a wonderful backbend.
7. Yoga brings a sense of calm through focused breath and movement work.
The exercise: Starfish Breathing
Bonding with gravity through the back of the body and experiencing the ‘6 limbs’: head, tail, arms and legs. Then moving the limbs in conjunction with the breath.
8. People’s lives are busy and rushed. If we don’t slow down and enjoy it, it will pass by.